Once we have gone through the DFM process with our customers, their production line runs efficiently. This effectively maximises yield for both parties.
We are responsive and reliable, and by having design and manufacturing within a shared environment, we are proactive.
We can make changes quickly and adapt as per our customer’s fluctuating forecast demands, or product specification alterations.
We come together with a successful product for production. Together we make it.
You and your EMS partner
Our focus is you and your product.
We start by developing a solid understanding of you, our customer, and your needs.
Around this, we configure a multi-skilled team of professionals. This team will stay with you for years. They will care for your product, and carry it forward through the development and manufacturing processes. They will discuss product improvement and cost reduction ideas. They will take pride in your product.
The bulk of Ryder’s turnover is managed by such single-customer cross-functional teams. Start-ups and smaller customers benefit from the economies of scale resulting from having a single team look after several of them.
Peace of mind: each plant is individually certified to all the necessary ISO standards – by the respected German TÜV.
Applying China's scale in the service of our customer
Maximise your effectiveness, minimise your cost.
The key is to operate two facilities 5 hours apart, in strongly contrasting locations, all under the holding company in sophisticated Hong Kong.
Product development and early-stage production is run in world-class Shenzhen, centre of engineering skills and innovation, heart of the most diverse and cost effective supply chain network in the world. Here we have our Coastal plant with some 1,200 people, heavy in engineers and program management, with higher English skills.
Once the manufacturing process stabilises and hits its stride, we seamlessly transfer it to our Inland plant. Here our customers benefit from significant competitive cost advantages and a larger regional labour pool, meaning scalability and reliable on-time delivery.
Processes Vertically Integrated
Speed and accuracy have been the big benefits of Ryder’s progressive Vertical Integration.
Cross-functional issues can be addressed by walking 30 seconds to appropriate person and discussed in an open and trusting environment.
Each Ryder plant, Inland and Coastal, runs the manufacturing processes necessary to your product.
- On each campus you will of course find PCB Assembly, both SMT and through-hole.
- But in addition each operates a range of modern Plastic-Injection machines and runs its own tool shop.
- And each has its own Final Assembly and Casing
- It goes without saying that each has the full range of necessary test equipment; quality is very close to our heart.
- There are some differences in detail: only the Inland plant is equipped to build wooden cabinets. We have more people there, 1300+ versus 1200+ in our Coastal plant, and we have the campus space there to rapidly double the number of manufacturing buildings.
- The Coastal plant is Ryder’s product development and engineering hub, located in the dynamic and creative Shenzhen space.
New processes are added as customer needs arise. For example, our latest investment in our colour centre allows us to mix any colour tone our customer requires, and our calibrated spectrophotometer ensures that it stays in sync with the customer and consistent between batches. We continuously evolve to meet our customers’ growing needs.
Facilities and Equipment
Totaling 46,000 sq.m. (500,000 sq.ft.) of factory floor space, our coastal and inland plants provide a robust solution to our customers’ manufacturing needs.
Each plant has the full range of equipment required for its processes. They are tied together by the latest Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system, a sophisticated Materials Planning and Manufacturing Control solution, running on rugged and well backed-up Dell professional hardware. Diesel-electric generators for no-stop operations.
The equipment used for our major processes includes:
8 SMT lines; through-hole on demand.
- World-class equipment, capable of 01005, ultra-fine pitch PCBs and flexible PCBs, and robotic conformal coating.
- Comprehensive range of test and diagnostic equipment: auto Solder Paste Inspection (SPI), Auto Optical Inspection (AOI), X-ray inspection.
111 Plastic Injection machines
- Modern electric machines, also some hydraulic, ranging from 45 to 470 tons clamping force. Double-shot.
- Well-equipped tool maintenance workshop on-site with EDM, CNC and manual-control mills and lathes.
- Auto and manual spray-painting. UV- coating and Silk-screen finishing, laser engraving.
- Plus precision stamping of small metal parts and cable harness assembly.
80 assembly lines
- Exceptionally experienced workers; retention rate about double our peers.
It is in the labour-intensive processes that the choice of Inland site really pays off.
Inspection & Test
Typically, when OEM customers engage with Ryder, they are looking for more than standard PCBA.
Quality is integral to all good companies’ way of thinking, planning and executing, and quality is integral to Ryder people’s sense of who they are.
Quality in an EMS means more than low defect rates; it means smooth development and manufacturing processes, compliance with an extensive set of ISO standards, attentiveness to the customer, and corporate integrity.
Within this framework, inspection is a key tool, demanding that the EMS invest in a broad range of expensive test equipment.
• Automatic Solder Paste Inspection
• Automatic Optical Inspection
• X-Ray Inspection
• In-Circuit Testers
• Audio precision testers
• Spectrum Analyzers
• Network Analyzers
• Digital Signal Generators
• RF Tuning Chambers
Plastics, cabinet and ROHS testing
• Optical Projector (dimension checking, tooling)
• Vision Measuring System (OGP SmartScope Flash CNC system CNC 300)
• Spectrophotometer (colour compliance)
• X-ray fluorescence spectrometer (ROHS compliance)
Finished product testing: DVT + Production
• ESD Test System
• Vibration Testers
• Drop test
• Pull tester (Instron)
• Thermal Cycle Chambers
• Over 100 PC-based test stations and associated jigs for production product testing
This is one of the most important requirements for EMS providers, for their OEM customers, especially in the high-reliability markets of automotive and medical.
Ryder is certified to ISO 13845, and regularly re-audited rigorously
At Ryder we barcode every product from the beginning of the production lifecycle, when taking receipt of the raw PCB, right the way through to packaging and distribution. All products are serialised and traceable, even every single component part that we place onto the bare PCB board is married into the PCBA during our manufacturing process.
This provides our OEM customer with the reassurance and guarantees that we can track and trace in a world where data matters.
At Ryder, we empower transparent data collection, utilising knowledge to make intelligent decisions to continuously improve our processes and efficiency. This allows us to maintain our competitive position in a market where speed counts.