- Our partnership with Boa Technology Inc.
- Boa Technology, based in Colorado USA, is the developer of the patented, award-winning Boa Lacing System. The Boa Lacing System can be found on over five million pairs of footwear around the world.
- Ryder is proud to have worked with Boa for the past ten years. We have provided Boa with a one-step manufacturing service, performing a range of functions and adding value in diverse dimensions.
- When and How our partnership began
- Ryder first engaged Boa Technology as a strategic partner when Boa's patented and innovative shoe-lacing system was still in development phase, in the late 1990s.
- At the time, the Boa partnership represented a new adventure for Ryder, since we were running our brand business and did not have a dedicated division to work with external EMS customers. Plus, our business focus was entirely on our own electronics products, not plastic closure components like those required by the Boa Lacing System. Nonetheless, we decided to take on the challenge.
- Boa and Ryder got together and studied the concepts and ergonomics of the products, evaluating small-quantity samples by building testing moulds. We channeled resources into working with Boa in the product development stage.
- How our Partnership developed
- Boa Technology has seen their business grow rapidly, and their manufacturing needs have increased accordingly. In March 2006, Ryder established a dedicated Customer Focus Team (CFT) to deal exclusively with Boa business, with a full spectrum of functions including mechanical development, demand management, quality assurance and production material control as well as supply chain management.
- In the following year, we allocated an entire production line, a CFT office and a customer operation room to Boa, in a newly designed area of about 5,600 sq. ft.
- The Boa CFT Team is tailored to Boa’s specific customer requirements, and enables us to enhance operational efficiency, increase productivity and achieve faster response times. This was in fact the first CFT team we were able to bring into play, after developing the new system within the company from 2005.
- What the customer says
- The Boa team says of Ryder, "You have a culture that projects high enthusiasm and motivation," and this is one compliment which we especially cherish.
- Boa thinks of Ryder as a "long-term partner and friend."
- Gary Hammerslag, owner of Boa Technology, says,
- "From the very beginning, the relationship between Boa and Ryder was rooted in mutual trust and respect and a desire for a long term partnership that would be beneficial for both parties. Ryder understands that for them to be successful, their customers must be successful and they work on our behalf. "
- "Ryder is passionate about improving the business and works constantly to improve their products, manufacturing expertise, processes and systems for helping their customers."
- "The implementation of the Boa CFT has contributed greatly to facilitating excellent teamwork between Boa and Ryder. "
- "Most importantly, I believe Ryder has a fantastic group of dedicated and talented employees who truly believe and work to achieve the values of the company."
News and Events