Ryder Industries Offers iDocking Station Reference Design to Customers
- OEMs can save development time and engineering costs by using this pre-tested module in their own designs. 10th June 2011: Ryder Industries is now offering an iDocking Station reference design that OEMs can incorporate into their own products, shortening time to market. Not only will this allow OEMs to brand and adapt a popular product for their own target market; it could also allow them to use the popular iPhone/iPad/iPod products as user interfaces in an increasingly wide variety of applications.
- The iDocking Station reference design is available in both wired and wireless versions and can be adapted to other MP3 players and handheld devices.
- "Ryder Industries has established expertise in the design of branded products such as this," noted Eric Miscoll, an analyst with Charlie Barnhart & Associates LLC. "It makes sense that they would offer their electronics manufacturing services (EMS) customers the benefit of this expertise; it will make them a valuable manufacturing partner to OEMs seeking to develop products in this arena."
- OEMs who outsource manufacturing may no longer have design for manufacturing as part of their internal core competency. This means they must waste valuable NPI time re-working their prototype designs to ensure they can be manufactured at higher volumes. By using a reference design that has already made it through that process, including regulation testing for FCC, UL and so forth, OEMs can substantially improve the profitability of their new product introductions.
- "We look forward to working with our EMS customers to help them use this reference design for their next new product introduction cycle," explained Betty Hu, head of marketing and sales at Ryder Industries.
- Features of the i-Docking Station reference design include:
● Auxiliary input: play from any portable music player or computer
● Authentication IC 2.0B Class 6 implemented
● IR Remote, full function, 15 keys
● Digital volume (32 step with last user memory)
● 8 Hard Keys: USB/SD, SOURCE (audio source is switched), EQ, VOL+, VOL-, PLAY/PAUSE, FF, FR
● Bass effect, 3", 3W/8ohm driver
● Dual 2", 2 W/4ohm drivers, wire extension length 550mm
● MP3 in Udisk and SD card playback (Support capacity up to 16G)
● Touch sensor key-8 keys: USB/SD, SOURCE (audio source is switched), EQ, VOL+, VOL-, PLAY/PAUSE, FF, FR
● Bass effect, 3", 5W/8ohm driver
● Dual 2", 3W/4ohm drivers, wire extension length 550mm
● Li-ion Battery charging circuit
- "Ryder Industries is a privately held company headquartered in Hong Kong, with business offices in Germany and California as well as three manufacturing facilities in mainland China. Known as Saitek until 2007, the company has for much of its history been a designer of branded products from intelligent games to computer game controls and is behind well-loved brands including Kasparov, Cyborg and Eclipse. Ryder developed out of the expansion of Saitek’s manufacturing facilities, divesting itself of the branded products division and further developing its factories to provide EMS services to a more diversified customer base, including professional audio, smart home audio and appliances, industrial and consumer controllers and automotive electronics.
- The company was started by Hong Kong Swiss entrepreneur Eric Winkler, who remains non-executive chairman. His vision has always been to focus on technology and quality, which in his view requires a stable and well-trained workforce. When opportunities in the PRC began to open up in the 1980s, the decision was made to set up a wholly-owned facility where employee relations would be a high priority. This approach has paid off for the company; Ryder has received a series of awards from the Chinese authorities in recognition of its ethics, citizenship and high industrial standards, but perhaps most importantly it enjoys a strong team dynamic and high levels of employee loyalty.
- For more information about Ryder Industries, go to www.RyderEMS.com.
News and Events
COPYRIGHT © 2012 Ryder Industries Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.