Growth - the next stages
- Ryder's Inland Site
- A major step in the expansion of our facilities
- Introducing the new site
- Ryder has an exciting project underway: a brand new manufacturing facility!
The new facility is located in Xin Feng county of Jiang Xi province, about 450km (280 miles) north of Shenzhen. Phase One of the project is already complete, and a new factory with production buildings and supporting facilities was officially brought into operation on the 7th of September, 2008. By the year 2012, the site is expected to be a fully vertically integrated manufacturing site with plastic, SMT and casing assembly facilities, and with 40,000 sq. meters (430,000 sq. ft.) of floor space
- Why do we need new facilities?
- There were several factors motivating Ryder's expansion to the Xin Feng site.
- The foremost one was the rapid growth the company has been seeing. Over recent years, Ryder EMS has been experiencing annual growth rates of 15-25%, and will need more space to meet business growth requirements in the medium to long term.
- Meanwhile, operating costs in Shenzhen have been increasing rapidly. The Xin Feng plant is expected to have much lower operating costs, including wages, land and utilities.
- Local government priorities are changing in Shenzhen, with labour-intensive industries becoming less welcome. There are chances that Ryder's existing factory site in Shenzhen may be converted to commercial use after five to ten years.
- What will the new site mean for Ryder and our customers?
- The major benefit to customers of the new facility is that lower operating costs will enable us to be more competitive in our pricing.
- Thanks to the new facilities, Ryder will be able to sustain company growth over the next few years, continuing to meet customer demand for top-quality products efficiently.
- Moreover, supply will be secure, with the new site in a different jurisdiction protecting Ryder against changes in local government policy.
News and Events